Installing OpenVPN with the Network Manager
- Make sure your system is up-to-date by installing any available updates
- For OpenVPN certificates & config files download blackvpn_linux.zip (md5).
- Use the Archive Manager application to extract all files from the .zip file
- Open the Terminal application
- To add (or update) OpenVPN and support for the Network Manager enter the following command (will require your administrator password)
sudo apt-get install openvpn network-manager-openvpn network-manager-openvpn-gnome
How to disable IPv6 in Ubuntu
If you have IPv6 connectivity your VPN tunnel cannot protect your privacy for services that support IPv6 – including BitTorrent. We recommend that if you have an IPv6 address then follow our FAQ to disable IPv6 in Ubuntu
How to kill programs when the VPN disconnects
Use VPNDemon to monitor a VPN connection on Linux and kill a process upon disconnect.