Follow these simple steps to install VPN on Mac OS X using the IPSec protocol.
Mac OS X 10.4-10.8
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Network.
- Click on the plus symbol in the lower left corner to add a new connection.
(Note: you may need to click the lock icon in the lower left to unlock the preference pane and make changes.)
- Under “Interface” select “VPN”.
- Set the VPN Type to L2TP over IPSec.
- The Service Name should be blackVPN UK/NL/USA/LT/UA/SG/RU (Depending on the server you want to use).
- Click “Create”.
- The window will now show a place for the server address, and account name.
- Type in the correct server address for your server:
Canada: ca.vpn.blackvpn.com Estonia: vpn.blackvpn.ee Lithuania: vpn.blackvpn.lt Luxembourg: vpn.blackvpn.lu Netherlands: vpn.blackvpn.nl Panama: vpn.blackvpn.com.pa Russia: vpn.blackvpn.ru Switzerland: vpn.blackvpn.ch Ukraine: vpn.blackvpn.com.ua Singapore: vpn.blackvpn.sg UK: vpn.blackvpn.co.uk USA East: eastcoast.vpn.blackvpn.com USA West: westcoast.vpn.blackvpn.com
- Type your blackVPN Account Name in the field Account Name.
- Click on “Authentication Settings”, enter your password into the password field
- Shared secret should be: blackvpn
- Then click on OK
- Click the “Advanced” button
- In the “Options” tab make sure that “Send all traffic over VPN connection” is checked.
- Click the check box for “Show VPN status in menu bar”
- Click “Apply” in the lower right corner.
- Click “Connect”