NOTE: Currently only the Linksys (E900 + E1200 + E1550) + Buffalo WZR-600DHP + Asus (RT-AC56U + RT-AC66U + RT-N66U) routers are supported, however it probably works on other similar models.
Your mileage may vary but installing the control panel shouldn’t harm or “brick” your router.
- Connect to the WiFi named dd-wrt or via an ethernet cable to ports 1.
- Browse to http://192.168.1.1/ to view your DD-WRT control panel.
- If you have a new router or just performed a factory reset, you will be asked to enter a username & password for your DD-WRT Control Panel. Our defaults are blackvpn/blackvpn then click “Change Password”
- Change the Local IP Address (so that there is no conflict with your other router) to 10.0.221.1 – then scroll down the page and click “Save” (do not click “Apply Settings” yet)
- Click the Administration -> Management tabs and under the section JFFS2 Support select JFFS2=Enable and Clean JFFS2=Enable. Scroll down the page and click “Save” then “Apply Settings”
- Wait a minute while your router reboots
- Go back to the DD-WRT control panel at http://10.0.221.1
- Click the tabs Administration -> Commands tabs
- Copy + Paste the following text into the Commands window:
wget http://www.whitevpn.com/install_router.sh -O /tmp/install_router.sh && chmod 700 /tmp/install_router.sh && sh /tmp/install_router.sh
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Run Commands” button.
- Wait 5 – 10 minutes for the software to be installed. When it is ready the the router will reboot.
- You should now see the WiFi named BLACKVPN_A. Connect with password blackvpn
- Browse to http://10.0.221.1 to view your blackVPN Control Panel
- Your browser will ask for login details. Login with username blackvpn and password blackvpn
- In the bottom-left click the green Change Username and Password. Enter your VPN username and password
- Choose a new VPN location and click Apply
- Your blackVPN Control Panel and VPN should be working and connected.